This is a delicious accompaniment to chicken, steak, pork, fish… anything really! So far I have served it with venison liver & onions, and buffalo meatloaf. I added a couple of potatoes to the puree for smoothness and body. Not only does it taste great, it looks amazing! You can certainly use a regular white cauliflower if you can’t find a yellow one. Or, if you can find them, try this with a purple or green cauliflower too!
Golden Cauliflower Puree
1 Head Yellow Cauliflower, roughly chopped into ~1″ pieces
1 small yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped into ~1″ pieces
1/4-1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter
Freshly grated nutmeg
Salt & pepper
1. Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, covered, then turn heat down to medium-high and boil for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender (but not falling apart). Drain.
2. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, salt & pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg
3. Mash with a potato masher until the pieces of cauliflower and potato are broken up, but it doesn’t need to be smooth
4. Transfer to a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender, and puree until smooth. If you want a thinner texture, add additional milk
5. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary
Add some yummy color to your dinner plate!